The PetStep Side Entry Dog Ramp Kit is the perfect way to help your dog into and out of the side door of even the largest SUVs and trucks. Depending on the model and space available in your car, SUV, or truck, riding in the back of the vehicle may not be an option for your dog. The PetStep Ramp with the accompanying side door strap creates a secure, fast, and portable way for your dog to enter and exit the side door of any vehicle.
The PetStep Ramp
The PetStep dog ramp is made from fiberglass-reinforced plastic, which makes it both sturdy and durable. The ramp has several safety features including a unique non-slip ridged surface that is gentle on paws and not found on other ramps. No dirt-harboring carpet or rough sandpaper here! The universal non-slip grip of the ramp securely fits all vehicles and edges.
This lightweight (18½ lbs) portable ramp can be folded in half and has molded ergonomic handles built-in on each side making it easy to carry and store. Easy to set up and low on maintenance, this ramp can be cleaned with soap and water. The total weight capacity for this ramp is 500 lbs. (for use with animals only).
Side Entry Support Strap
When the PetStep ramp is resting on the back seat of a vehicle, one edge of the ramp will most likely be unsupported in the air. This may cause the ramp to become unstable and tip when in use. The Side Entry Support Strap is the solution to this problem! This handy accessory makes it possible to safely use the PetStep ramp through the side doors of your vehicle.
The strap is made of heavy-duty nylon with a fully adjustable cam buckle clip. One end has a sturdy steel hook that attaches directly to the top of the PetStep ramp. The other end has a door hook that is hung on the door frame. This door hook is rubber-coated steel so it is durable and won’t slip or mar the car’s finish. The strap attaches quickly and easily in seconds without any tools stabilizing the ramp and providing the much-needed support so that it will not tip.
For use with only PetStep Folding Ramp, or the HalfSTEP Ramp
See the Support Strap Instruction Sheet for details on how to install the strap.
PetStep Ramp Features
- Made of advanced composite plastic and fiberglass and available in two colors, graphite/gray or khaki/beige
- Unique soft non-slip rubberized walking surface feels natural on paws and provides superior traction in all weather conditions
- Will not rust or corrode and can be cleaned easily with soap and water
- Universal non-slip grip fits all vehicles and edges while folding in half for easy storage and portability
- Ramp measures 70″(L) x 17″(W) and folds in half at 37″L x 17″W x 5¾”H
- Extremely durable and supports up to 500 pounds (animal use only) while remaining portable at 18.5 lbs
- Opens and closes quickly and with ease (no hardware required)
- Superior 5-year warranty
Side Entry Support Strap Features
- For use with the PetStep folding ramp models HR222, 222G, or the HalfSTEP Ramp HR223
- Heavy-duty nylon strap with cam adjustment buckle
- The strap is fully adjustable between a sedan, SUV, and truck
- Rubber coated steel door hook won’t damage your vehicle’s paint
- Attaches in mere seconds without tools
- Can be used from either side of the vehicle’s rear doors
- Drawstring carry bag included
- Made in the USA
*An additional shipping charge will be added for orders outside of the contiguous United States.
My dog is 15, so he can’t really jump into the back of my car anymore. The side strap fits perfectly on my car door and keeps the ramp stable on my backseat. It’s really easy to set up and take down, I just throw it in my trunk. Very happy with my purchase.
Deborah Howard –
I got a new Subuaru Crosstrex hybrid and discovered my 9.5 year old 120 pound golden retriever could not get into the car. As it was a hybrid there was not enough room in the back of the car and all ramps were for trucks and backs of SUVs. I found handiramp had ramp that could be used from side door for back seat and had traction so he wouldn’t slip climbing in/out. It is great. Thank you do much.